Child Development Services
WithinReach offers free child development services that connect families to the resources needed to give ALL kids the best start and to make sure they are growing and developing on track.
We offer families the following services:
- Free developmental screening using the Ages and Stages Questionnaire-3 (ASQ), a popular and accurate parent-administered developmental screening tool.
- Referrals for further evaluation and early intervention services for those who need them, and the support and follow up needed to ensure services are received.
- Activities to support healthy growth and learning. All activities and games are simple, designed to be completed with limited or no tools/toys, and are intended to encourage intentional interaction between parents/caregivers and developing children.
- Community resources like parenting classes and food banks.
- Application assistance for state benefit programs like WIC, Apple Health for Kids and Basic Food/SNAP. Making these connections ensures families are better able to meet their needs for social-emotional support, quality health care and nutritious food – all essential for healthy child development.
The academic and personal impact of some delays may be resolved with early intervention like physical, occupational or speech therapy; some may persist throughout a child’s life. In all cases, kids will experience greater success academically, socially, and personally if delays are caught early and kids and families get the support they need.