Immunization Action Coalition of Washington
Founded in 1994, the Immunization Action Coalition of Washington (IACW) works to improve the health of the community by minimizing the incidence of vaccine preventable diseases through the optimal use of immunizations across the lifespan. Our priorities for 2013 include promoting immunization best practices, providing education and public awareness, informing immunization policy and supporting health care reform in Washington State.
IACW Statewide Goals:
- Increase and sustain public awareness about the importance of immunizations across the lifespan in preventing disease, disability and death.
- Promote optimal immunization of all children, especially before two years of age, and particularly in those areas where there is the most need, based on current epidemiology.Assure improved timely access to immunizations for infants, children, adolescents and adults.
- Educate policy-makers, payers, health care providers, school personnel, parents, and other care providers about vaccines, vaccine preventable diseases, and the cost benefit of timely immunization.
- Encourage community participation at the grassroots level to strengthen and enhance current immunization outreach efforts.
- Build better communication links between and among Coalition members and Member organizations.