Breastfeeding Coalition of Washington Awards
Each year, the Breastfeeding Coalition of Washington (BCW) acknowledges outstanding leaders in our community with the BCW Awards.
To nominate a physician for the Physician Leadership Award, or an individual for the Spirit of Service award, please email the Breastfeeding Coalition of Washington with the individual’s name, role in the community, why you think they deserve this recognition, and their contact information.
Nancy Danoff, MD, Spirit of Service Award
The Nancy Danoff, MD Spirit of Service Award recognizes and honors individuals like Dr. Danoff, a founding member of the BCW, whose dedication, volunteerism, commitment, and leadership significantly contribute to promoting, protecting and supporting breastfeeding as a vital part of the health and development of children and families. The award recipient recognizes breastfeeding as an important health issue, and works with others to support the rights of women and children.
Past award recipients include:
- Emily Healy, IBCLC (2013)
- Michelle Sarju, LM, MSW (2013)
- Lisa Whatley, RN, IBCLC (2012)
- Kimberly Radtke (2011)
- Linda Rosetti, RN (2010)
- Kim Rechner, RN (2009)
- Michele Crockett, IBCLC, PCPA, LLLL (2008)
- Ginna Wall, MN, RN, IBCLC (2007)
- MerrieLynn Rice, RN, IBCLC (2006)
- Helen Baker-St. John, MD (2005)
- Molly Pessl, RN IBCLC (2004)
- Lisa DiGiorgio, MPH (2002)
- Kay Batt (2001)
- Nancy Danoff, MD (2000)
MaryAnn O’Hara, MD, Physician Leadership Award
The MaryAnn O’Hara, MD, Physician Leadership Award recognizes and honors a medical student, resident or physician whose leadership and courage reflect a commitment to breastfeeding as a vital part of the health and development of children and their families. Awardees demonstrate exemplary commitment to maternal and child health through advocacy of breastfeeding education and support in the community and within the medical profession.
Award recipients include:
- Julie Taraday, MD (2013)
- Jade McGaff, MD (2012)
- Isabella Knox, MD, EdM (2011)
- Maxine Hayes, MD, MPH (2010)
- Sheila Kingsbury, ND, RH (2009)
- Ellie Graham, MD, MPH (2008)
- Anne Montgomery, MD, FAAFP, FABM, IBCLC (2007)
- Jay Fathi, MD (2006)
- MaryAnn O’Hara, MD (2005)