This family-friendly event will include free informative health presentations throughout the afternoon, free flu vaccines and kids’ activities. WithinReach will have our trained, bilingual and certified staff available to provide guidance and arrange personal appointments to help your family sign up for insurance and other services.
Health Insurance Enrollment Details:
- The online tool, wahealthplanfinder.org opened on Oct. 1, 2013 for coverage beginning January 2014.
- All insurance plans will have to cover 10 essential health benefits such as doctor visits, hospitalizations, maternity care, emergency room care, prescriptions and others.
- Insurance plans cannot deny health coverage if someone is sick or has a pre-existing condition.
- All insurance plans will have to show the costs and what is covered. You don’t have to guess at the cost.
- In 2014, those who do not have health insurance will have to pay a penalty when they file their 2014 taxes. There are some exceptions, like for people whose income is so low they don’t have to file taxes.
If you can’t make it to the Oct. 19 event, make an appointment to discuss health insurance options by calling the WithinReach Family Health Hotline at 800-322-2588. We can help on the phone or in-person (Se habla español).
Sponsored by Lynnwood’s Diversity Commission, Lynnwood Fire Department, Verdant Health Commission, and WithinReach
Event Registration and Ticketing Powered by Event Espresso